How to Add a Browser Icon (Favicon) to Your Squarespace Website
The browser favicon (short for favorite icon) is the tiny mark you add that shows up in your browser tabs.
In this video, I will show you how to add that tiny little mark in your browser tab if you have a Squarespace website! If you don't add the mark, you will have the standard Squarespace square or box. Adding this little favicon is the icing on the cake to your perfectly branded website! Check out the video for step by step instructions, or follow along below.
Step by Step Instructions:
1. Create a square favicon in any design program you choose (Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, etc.)
2. Save the art file as a PNG with a transparent background.
3. Go to favicon-generator.org
4. Select Generate only 16x16 favicon.ico
5. Upload your file, and click "Create Favicon".
6. Download your favicon.ico file.
7. In your Squarespace account, select Design > Logo and Title.
8. Scroll until you see Browser Icon. Upload your file and click Save at the top.
9. You may need to clear your browser history and cache in order to see your favicon show up.
10. Celebrate a job well done! :)
Thanks for watching! Stay tuned for more branding tips and tricks coming soon!